Sunday, January 1, 2012

more highlights

I'm still in Penarth clawing my way back to health and sanity (actually I don't feel particularly insane, it just rounded out the sentence) (which I've now ruined with this longwinded explanation anyway). Here are some more events from the pilgrimage.


Group photo with Khandro Ten'dzin Drölkar and Ten'dzin Wangyal (her brother-in-law and translator).


The wedding blessing of Rang-rig and Felice, performed in the hotel lobby, which has nice Tibetan murals. A few days later there were wedding blessings for Ja-zér and Sonam and for Bar-ché and Mé-sèl.


Lunch at the Garden Kitchen with the brevet lamas and Rinpoche, Khandro Déchen, Robert and Raechel. We mostly talked about Drala Jong.


A visit to the home of Sang Nang Rinpoche and his sang-yum Yangchen Llamo. She had heard us singing Seven-line Song and came to the guest house to invite us to visit. A large group of us trooped over there, walking through the grounds of their gompa, which is right next to the guest house courtyard. We sat on cushions and carpets in three separate rooms (we couldn't all fit into the shrine room) and were served tea and cookies. 





The room I was in also had entertainment from Sang Nang Rinpoche's young son, who became fascinated with Druktsal and Khadrön's son Jim.


He also seemed fascinated with cookies.

Khandro Déchen gave a mélong transmission at night on the roof, with the chörten smiling in the background. Another night Rinpoche gave an empowerment.


Another day there was a transmission of namkha ar-gTad or sky-gazing. Here are people attempting it on the roof.


We had another shoeshine party.


There were several farewell dinners, this one at the Double Dorjee.


Rinpoche found a few things to buy at the Temple of Doom.


I decided to take a picture of everyone who took a picture of me. Some of them seemed quite surprised but they usually posed happily anyway.


Others were less amused.

7 comments:

Nying-tsal said...

This is the next best thing to being there! Hope you're feeling better.

jrupert said...

If one has to be under the weather, it sounds lovely to be recuperating in Penarth. So very Jane Austen of you. And I do hope you are all better soon.

jrupert said...

Or maybe E.M. Forster. I can't decide. Sorry, I just finished re-watching the final episode of the first season of Downton Abbey, so I am feeling very Victorian.

sdw said...

Is Downton Abbey good? I need entertainment for my ongoing malingering.

Dé-zér said...

I bought the latest season of In Treatment through Amazon.

TGF said...

From personal experience, it's best to avoid the movie 'Contagion' while recuperating! You are not alone -- there's plenty of malingering going on here across the Pond (but not as poetically.) Anyway, I hope you're feeling much better now! And thank you for posting the wedding blessing photo...the first I've seen!

Sengchen Dra-tsal said...

From the Latin 'sanus' meaning whole