Saturday, December 10, 2011

landfall



Well I just lost a long post I wrote detailing Pema Zangmo's and my heroic journey from Heathrow (where these beautiful snowflakes live and we met Ja'tsal) through Bahrain (where Ja'tsal sacked out on a bench) to Tribhuvan Airport, where we met Jennifer and were miraculously reunited with all our luggage, through massive form-filling-out to finally arrive at the Valley Guesthouse where we were greeted by a welcoming party of Lékyi, Frankie, Sebastian, Chö-ying (Edda) and Maria. Lékyi and Frankie whisked Ja'tsal off to the Lotus Guesthouse and the rest of us sat down and had tea (them) and water (me). Now everyone has gone to bed but my body clock still thinks its early evening even though my watch thinks it's 11:30.



Location:The Valley Guesthouse, Bodha, Nepal

3 comments:

Nying-tsal said...

Sorry I missed out on reading the lost post on your heroic journey. But I'm glad I read this one! Hope the jet lag isn't too much of a drag.

A Fairbanks said...

I thought they had put up armrests in all airport venues to deter this kind of vagabondism.

sdw said...

This airport used constant loud PA announcements in 5 languages instead of arm rests to deter sleepers but Scott heroically slumbered through Occupy Bahrain.